Monday, July 5, 2010

Blog #8
--Lindsey Turbeville
The time finally crept up on us and we had to begin packing once again. It was such a sweet and sour feeling, as I had to say my goodbye’s to the IMLS, my new family and most of all the amazing city of Montpellier. I remember first arriving in the city and thinking to myself, four weeks was going to be an eternity, but it is now closing in and I’m feeling as if I just arrived.

On my last day in Montpellier I filled my schedule up with last minute shopping, taking photos and packing. I walked around the Place de la Comédie for a while taking some last minute photos.

This is a picture that I had taken on the last day by the fountain in Place de la Comedie.

I think that we were all dreading the morning to come, since we had to up at 5:45 a.m. I don’t even remember the last time I woke up before 7:00 a.m. if that tells you how great my morning would be. So in preparing myself for the worst, I quickly got to my host home and packed up all my 200 pounds of stuff, took some more photos and finally made my way down stairs to eat the ‘Last Supper’ and hoping to get to bed quickly. It was quite a cliché French meal with baguettes, salad, some kind of seafood casserole and fruit/cheese platter for dessert. But nonetheless, it was rather tasty and surprisingly a comfort food.

After my ‘Last Supper’, the routine began as I gathered my belongings, attempted to be prepared as much as possible and off to bed. But, of course I couldn’t sleep. Why would I be able to sleep the one night I need to get to bed? UGH. I’m sure I was not the only person who stumbled across this problem, but I definitely knew that this was a preview of the day to come.
So we all make it to the train station as we once again drag our bags down stairs then up some stairs and then down some again.

This was a picture taken at about 6:45 a.m. when we all arrived at the train station!! We are really excited in this photo...
It was great fun traveling, especially since I had three bottles of wine stowed away in my suitcase, adding to the weight. It was just a really funny sight watching fifteen students lug their bags around all groaning and wondering when the torture was going to end. Either way, we were all pretty tired and all had heavy bags to carry, but somehow managed to make it to Paris all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment